Eastbourne Festival: Pushing boundaries - doing something different!
Eastbourne Festival aims to:
- showcase contemporary, traditional and experimental work produced across the arts, by local artists, musicians, performers and practitioners.
- support local visual and other artists by acting as a promotion and listings facility for Festival events
- invite participation of externally developed projects and events which highlight best working practice across a range of diverse arts forms.
- establish Eastbourne as an area of artistic and cultural activity, taking a significant place in the future cultural strategy of the town.
Local, regional, national and international event organisers of whatever size and experience are invited to submit proposals for events for inclusion in Festival 2015 (4-26 July 2015) in keeping with one or more of the following criteria:
- celebrating Eastbourne - its unique identity and history, its often overlooked and undervalued qualities, its built and natural environment, seafront and beach.
- utilising non-traditional or outdoor venues.
- supporting and/or highlighting the work of professional practitioners living and working in Eastbourne.
- challenging the mainstream.
- doing something different, pushing boundaries, broadening horizons - building new partnerships and collaborations.